All of our retainers are made from a material called Invisacryl Ultra. It is manufactured by Great Lakes Orthodontics. Though more expensive, Invisacryl Ultra is by far the best product for making clear retainers. It has some of the best properties in terms of durability, clarity, and stain resistance. Some doctors and competitors use a lower cost, lesser quality material. If you decide to not use ClearRetain services, be sure to request Invisacryl Ultra from whoever makes your retainer(s).
In addition, we use the latest techniques in positive pressure vacuum forming to create a perfect fitting retainer. If your doctor or a competitor is using a simple “suck down” machine to make your retainer, don’t accept them. They simply will not fit as well as they should.
Our retainers are designed to hold your teeth in place and prevent them from moving. Their purpose is not to close gaps in your teeth or straighten them. If you have lost or broken your original retainer and your teeth have shifted, it is recommended to return to your orthodontists or dentist for assistance.
When you order we ship to you the following items:
- 3 sets of impression putty
- 3 upper and 3 lower impression trays (small, medium, large)
- 1 shipping box for returning your impressions
- 1 prepaid return shipping label (attached to your return box)
- 2 pages of self-impression instructions
- 1 page of shipping instructions
- 1 customer information sheet (the size of a credit card)