– The sole purpose of your retainer is to retain / hold your teeth in place.
– If you do not wear your retainer for a long period of time your teeth may drift and your retainer may no longer fit.
– Millions of orthodontic appliances are used around the world daily. However when biting on plastic, acrylic, wires, or anything between your teeth, it could possibly cause TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) problems for some people.
– Whenever anyone takes an impression there is a small possibility that the impression material could affect dental work such as fillings, bridges, crowns, or teeth that are loose, etc.
– The technicians making your retainer are under the direct supervision of an orthodontist and this is done to assure that you are getting the best quality retainer(s) possible.